Re: RFS: bazel-rules-java/5.4.1-1 [Team] -- Java Rules for Bazel

Hi sun min,

On 3/2/23 21:16, sun min wrote:
Package: sponsorship-requests

Severity: normal

First of all, no need to file these bugs. Just sending an email to this list is fine for sponsorship.

Since I'm not familiar with bazel packaging. Please tell me if anything about this package is wrong.

Absolutely, I'm happy to look over it and give you some advice!

Besides, I failed to push local changes to remotes/origin/master although I am a developer of bazel team.

Please don't push to master but could you make your own topic branch and push to that? That would be the easiest way for me to review it and do my own test builds.

Should I launch a pull request?

You can do that too, if you'd like. But just making your own topic branch with the changes and sending an email here is fine. If everything looks good, I'll just merge your changes locally and then push to master on Salsa.

The one nice thing about merge requests on Salsa is that you can highlight specific areas of code and make comments. If you want very detailed recommendations on your packaging, that's an advantage to using merge requests on Salsa.

Thanks for the contribution to the Bazel team! :)

-Olek