Re: Request to join in Debian Bazel Build System Maintainers team

Hi there and welcome to the team!

On 2/14/23 21:31, min sun wrote:
Dear Maintainers:

I’d like to join in your team!

I have filed the access request  from salsa group homepage.

I can use mediapipe and know something about the bazel usage, I  think I can help packaging bazel  related project for Debian.

That would be great! We have some great plans but not enough of us have enough time to implement them. :(

Specifically, we're trying really hard to fix the Java test issue [1] before the bookworm release. Even upstream has been unable to solve the problem so far. The patch that SHOULD have fixed the problem [2] isn't doing it. If you can think of a fix, please upload a new branch!

I temporarily disabled the Java tests [3] to allow Bazel in testing but we'll obviously need to remove the package if we can't get this fixed in the next couple of weeks. In time for the hard freeze.

Again, welcome!

-Olek

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/bazel-team/bazel-bootstrap/-/jobs/3862692
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/bazel-team/bazel-bootstrap/-/blob/master/debian/patches/fix_JDK-16_test_failures.patch [3] https://salsa.debian.org/bazel-team/bazel-bootstrap/-/commit/1c90621d7b9b5d44d01b91dabb04645a20273ca8