Re: rsyslog 8.2302.0-1~bpo11+1 needs orphan-sysvinit-scripts 0.14

Hi,

On 22/06/2023 17:46, Boyuan Yang wrote:
在 2023-06-21星期三的 09:42 +0200,Opty写道:
Hello,

rsyslog 8.2302.0-1~bpo11+1 removed SysV init script and non-systemd
support from rotate script but no backport of orphan-sysvinit-scripts
0.14 exists so far (which contains the stuff needed).

It seems that one could install Bookworm version directly but
personally I don't like this approach.

I haven't subscribed yet so Cc me please.
Forwarding your email to the current package maintainer of
orphan-sysvinit-scripts in Debian to see if they have any comments.
If a backport is feasible, it can be uploaded to bullseye-backports.

There's no particular reason why you couldn't just use the bookworm package (0.14) directly - it is basically just some shell scripts and dpkg triggers and so on.

Given that, I'm not sure a backport is of much value (since presumably I would then be committing to remembering to update it every time I uploaded a new version?)...?

Regards,

Matthew