Re: Backport request: inkscape 1.3

Thank you for the answer,

Le 21/09/2023 à 11:53, Mattia Rizzolo a écrit :
On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 10:12:14AM +0200, Tarik Graba wrote:
inkscape 1.3 has just been added to EXP.

I would like to please request this version to be backported to bookworm.

First of all, 1.3 needs to arrive to testing, experimental is not
enough.

Yes, this I know. What I did not know is there were blocking issues to enter testing.

Previous versions (1.2.x)  were automatically backported (to bullseye).

There is nothing "automatic" about backports.

By automatic, I meant that the 1.2.x versions were systematically backported which was very useful because of the change in the CLI.

Is there a reason why it is not the case anymore?
I can help test inkscape and its dependencies if needed.

The problem is that 1.3 has too many test failures, and upstream doesn't
really help much in solving them.  My time is limited so I can't
easily work on them.
Until then, I'm unable to push 1.3 to unstable.

Thanks for the job, and having it in experimental is very useful if we need to build and distribute the package locally.

ps. Concerning upstream issues, do you have some links, I will see if I have the aptitudes to help.

Tarik