Backporting xmpp-dns

Dear all,

I'd like to backport the current version of xmpp-dns [1] for bookworm. This would also require a backport of golang-debian-mdosch-xmppsrv [2].

As the backports contribution guidelines [3] require a "notable userbase" I'd like to ask here.

Please only upload package with a notable userbase. Backports is not a maintainer's PPA; a user request for the package may be an indicator. Use common sense and if in doubt, ask about the package on the mailing list.

As xmpp-dns is new in backports the popcon is pretty low and therfore I'd like to ask the mailing list whether a backport would be accepted.

A reason for a low popcon might also be that the overlap between users of XMPP and privacy aware people seems to be pretty high and I suppose that privacy aware people don't opt-in to telemetry and therefore might often not participate in popularity-contest. I usually opt-out (or do not opt-in) for telemetry myself. Debians popularity-contest is the only telemetry I knowingly allow. :)

Best regards,
Martin

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xmpp-dns
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-debian-mdosch-xmppsrv