Re: RM: calibre/buster-backports -- ROM; no security support; bpo10s of a newer version are impossible

Hi Shelton,

I'm moving this thread to debian-backports away from the low-traffic
announcement mailing list.  Reply follows inline:

Shelton Williams <sbwilliams92470@gmail.com> writes:

> Unable to download app

That's odd, you should still be able to install 3.39.1+dfsg-3 from
buster's standard repository ("main").  That said you'd like (or need)
to run a Debian-supported 6.x series of Calibre, then you'll need to
upgrade to bullseye, and then upgrade to bookworm.

Generally I upload the first stable-backport of Calibre for a new Debian
stable release some time in early January, so if you might need newer
than 6.13.0, then I'd recommend upgrading to bookworm by then.  For
example, if you acquire a new eReader device that is unsupported by
older Calibre releases, this is the hardware enablement path.

To read which known vulnerabilities are present in the calibre version
you're running, consult this page:

  https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/calibre

Take care,
Nicholas