[firmware-linux-nonfree bpo update needed] Re: Could mesa be backported?

Hi Ben,

Sorry to bother you, because I'm sure you're busy with preparing for
bookworm.  When you have a minute, would it be possible to update the
firmware-linux-nonfree bpo?

Hi Matteo,

Reply follows inline:

Matteo Bini <matteobin@tiepi.it> writes:

> Hi backports team,
> I would love the new version of mesa (22.3.6) to be backported to
> Bullseye.
>
> Do you think it would be doable and easy? The last October there were
> others interested in the same topic.
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2022/10/msg00005.html
> Do you know if any progress was made?

The firmware-linux-nonfree backport is still out-of-date with
20210818-1~bpo11+1, and based on that thread it sounds like newer is
needed.  The following packages are also prerequisites for a backport of
mesa 22.3.6-1+deb12u1:

  directx-headers-dev (>= 1.602.0)
  libdrm-dev (>= 2.4.107-4)
  llvm-15-dev
  libclang-15-dev
  libclang-cpp15-dev
  libclc-15-dev
  wayland-protocols (>= 1.24)
  llvm-spirv-15
  libclc-15
  libllvmspirvlib-15-dev

I think I may have backported the libdrm and llvm stack for a few
releases (IIRC also mesa for a few releases), but this time around I'm
not sure if directx-headers-dev complicates things.  I'm also not sure
if Wayland-using software in bullseye would be forward compatible with a
libmesa compiled with wayland-protocols >=1.24.  If not, is that
wayland-protocol version really necessary?

This time around I have time to commit to, at most, libdrm and llvm.
I'm sorry I can't do more.

Regards,
Nicholas