Re: Backports of Git to recent release (>2.34)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022, Enrico Rivarola wrote:

> I apologize for the imprecise email but, considering that the update seems
> blocked for new versions, I meant to say if is there any plan to backports git
> to any version greater than 2.35 or the latest released (currently 2.38.1)

The git package is currently rc-buggy, although the issue seems to be
fixed with a oneliner which the maintainer has to upload then, after
some days, the new version can migrate to testing, once there it can
be backported. Jonathan, will you do so?

While there’s currently a 2.35 in testing, it doesn’t really make sense
to update the backport since 2.38 has a good chance to be ready soon.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!