Re: Could Evince be backported

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> When you have a pdf document with an e-mail link, clicking on that
> link should open the e-mail client with the e-mail address entered in
> the to field.
> At the moment I get:
>     Unable to open external link
>     The specified location is not supported
>
> It is not the pdf document, because when I open the pdf document in a
> browser and click the mailto: link it works as expected.

Your default email client in GNOME settings is Evolution?

I get the following output from evince:

(evolution-alarm-notify:215667): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 15:17:55.873: Your application did not unregister from D-Bus before destruction. Consider using g_application_run().
bwrap: No permissions to create new namespace, likely because the kernel does not allow non-privileged user namespaces. See <https://deb.li/bubblewrap> or <file:///usr/share/doc/bubblewrap/README.Debian.gz>.

The process "evolution mailto:StressDeDeurUit@decebal.nl"; is started,
but the email compose window never appears on the screen and the
evolution process is somehow stuck (needs -9 to be killed). If I run the
same evolution command from the shell, it does the right thing.

I agree that this should be reported as a bug in the stable version. But
I would not be surprised if the problem is in Evolution instead of
Evince. Perhaps you can test with some other email client. BTW, it does
not seem to work any better from Evince 43.1 installed from flatpak.