Re: bullseye-backports NodeJS dependency for libreoffice-help-common

[ CCing -backports  ]

Hi,

Am 08.11.22 um 22:33 schrieb x1917x:

I just want to inform you that the latest version of
libreoffice-help-common still requires NodeJS to be installed. I have
a strong feeling that thousands of people avoid updating the package
just because it requires NodeJS. As for me, I put it on hold ~2 months
ago.

According to the changelog, there was some attempt already to get rid
of this dependency:

libreoffice (1:7.4.1~rc2-3) unstable; urgency=medium

   * upload to unstable

   * debian/rules:
     - don't depend on node-prismjs on bullseye-backport since there it
       depends on nodejs...
     - also use node-prismjs/node-normalize.css for the build and add them
       to Build-Depends-Indep
   * debian/copyright, debian/libreoffice-common.links: mention prism.css
     explicitly and link to node-primsjs' prism-coy.css

  -- Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>  Sun, 11 Sep 2022 22:30:14 +0200

Any plans to apply the same solution to the latest package version?

That solution is supposed in the latest package version, it never went awaay.

It apparently doesn't work, though :/

  HELP_COMMON_DEPENDS := node-normalize.css
  BUILD_DEPS_INDEP += , node-normalize.css
    ifneq "$(BULLSEYE_BACKPORT)" "y"
      HELP_COMMON_DEPENDS += , node-prismjs
      BUILD_DEPS_INDEP += , node-prismjs
    endif

In contrast to other if(n)eq "$(BULLSEYE_BACKPORT)"s this one apparently doesn't get an effect...

Probably it comes too early when BULLSEYE_BACKPORT is not yet defined, will move it down..

Regards,

Rene