Re: libreoffice-common: package conflicts

Hi,

Am 19.05.22 um 14:29 schrieb Valerio Messina:
plus some links:
/usr/bin/soffice -> /opt/openoffice4/program/soffice
[....]
> The only conflicting link is:
/usr/bin/soffice -> /opt/openoffice4/program/soffice
conflicting with:
/usr/bin/soffice -> /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice

qed.

I saw the package 'libreoffice-common' has set a rule as so:
Conflicts: openoffice.org-unbundled

Actually that conflicts predates libreoffice. Look in the changelog for openoffice.org-unbundled...

At one point in time even libreoffice-unbundled was there. (Also see the changelog)BTW: I used StarOffice from the time of Sun Solaris on Sparc Station (pre 2000) and everywhere after, the link:

/usr/bin/soffice
was always part of StarOffice and then OpenOffice package.
So, while I'm in favor of GPL license of LibreOffice, I'm not against OpenOffice, and about the conflicting link, my opinion is that the link
/usr/bin/soffice
should be reserved to OpenOffice as was before.
LibreOffice should use:
/usr/bin/loffice
bash script to be started.

No, since with that argument OpenOffice shouldn't either. And then there is the problem that OOo/OO/LO is not just GUI but also API calls etc, and that one is documented to be soffice as an entry point.
Please reconsider this package conflict rule

No.

Regards,

Rene