Re: Could sshguard be backported?

Gunter Königsmann - 22.03.22, 02:37:40 CET:
> If you rent a homepage at any hosting service you will get a ssh
> access on port 22. If you create a project on sourceforge you'll get
> a ssh access on port 22, too... ...and hiding it on any other port
> would be security by obscurity, which doesn't help too much.

In addition to this, AFAIK sshguard also works with SSH on another port.

I usually change ports where I can. Not for added security in itself,
but to keep logs clean from network scanners that use port 22 by
default. Last I checked this worked remarkably well.

--
Martin