Re: Unsing stable-backports as an ugprade path to stable+1

On 1/25/22 13:51, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
So, I think I was wrong to begin with to start this thread, even though it'd
be nice if Debian filled the 1 year gap...

It’s still ok to think things over

Yeah. Thanks to all of the threads participants.

and you can certainly bridge that
gap by using backports, to make things from testing available in stable
if stable users need the more current version. (Updating stable with
critical fixes, even if the version is old, is, of course, still needed
occasionally.)

Yes, and it's also a good thing to update component upstream version first, and *THEN* upgrade to the next Debian release. That's what I recommend for OpenStack, so you don't mix all problems at once. It's IMO also a good way to handle things with Ceph.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)