Re: request to backport memtest86

Do you need a backport to do that?

As far as I can tell, memtest86+ has no runtime dependencies, so there is nothing stopping you from downloading the version 6.00 package from the unstable repo, and installing it directly. I have done that successfully on a couple of Ubuntu systems that I manage, and it installed just fine.
You right, for example I and other users have installed memtest86+ in stable debian and ubuntu versions since I started to work on it's package and was in debian experimental. Anyway major of users don't know it and backports is useful in that case.

The current version of memtest86+ does have some annoying miss-features, which I would prefer to see fixed, but it does basically work, and is much better than the old version that does not support modern hardware, and can emit false error reports.
Memtest86+ since 6.00 is on github (https://github.com/memtest86plus/memtest86plus/), bugs and feature requests can be reported easy and fast, is also more easy contribute on it for anyone who wants creating a pull request.

--
David Pottage