Could 0ad be backported?

Hi everyone. I am new to this mailing list as well as to Debian Backports
eligibility criteria.

I wanted to ask if 0ad could be backported since there is no way to play the
current version on Debian stable. It has been done in the past [1] and it does
not seem difficult. Last night I downloaded the source from testing and I
successfully build and played it.

I am more than willing to help: I can be the backport package maintainer.
Let me know what you think about it. Kind regards.

--
Matteo Bini

[1] https://packages.debian.org/stretch-backports/0ad