Re: could dovecot be backported?

On 11/5/21 15:49, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
See:

https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/2021-October/000465.html
Backports isn't how Debian fixes bugs in stable releases.  If there are
bugs impacting stable, then stable should be fixed.

Feel free to open bugs for specific issues that should be addressed in
the stable release, and the dovecot maintainers (myself included) will
consider them.

There's a list in the URL above, but I'm not sure what to do about that. Opening a bug report for every single one of them seems infeasible, and I'm not even sure what all of them mean.

I was under the impression that Debian would not simply import the newer version into Stable though.

Perry