Re: How to Fix Error "The value 'buster-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources"

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 1:51 PM Damian <debian-backports@arcsin.de> wrote:
> root:~# apt -t bullseye-backports search inkscape
> E: The value 'bullseye-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release

Can reproduce, it is not even listed in "apt policy". Maybe because the repository is empty right now?

Unsure if this is expected behavior. I would expect apt to report an empty search similar to invalid searches and not "invalid release repository". However, if this is the expected behavior for an empty repository, I'm okay to close the case.

By the way, congrats and good job over Debian 11 release. Love the new environment. The last thing left is to track the latest kernel from the backport.

Regards,
Holloway

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies. The sender holds zero liability for any damages caused. If the content is digitally and cryptographically signed/encrypted by GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) key, please seek out the public key with the sender email at: https://pgp.mit.edu .