Re: could dovecot be backported?

On Fri, Nov 05, 2021 at 08:19:10PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> On 11/5/21 19:58, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> > > There's a list in the URL above, but I'm not sure what to do about that.
> > > Opening a bug report for every single one of them seems infeasible, and I'm
> > > not even sure what all of them mean.
> > "not even sure what all of them mean" also suggests that you're
> > similarly not sure if they're relevant to Debian stable.
>
> Correct. I'd have to go through each of them in detail and I'm not an expert
> on the codebase.
>
> Regardless, I think it's obvious at this point that I should just build the
> latest version for myself by hacking the source package.

  Dovecot themselves have Debian repos:

	<https://repo.dovecot.org/#debian>

The general advice I found before, due to Debian lagging behind, was to
just use these packages.  They'll be precisely up to date with upstream
releases, and I've had zero issues with them so far.

--
-         Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / https://miggy.org/
                  GPG/PGP Key: https://miggy.org/gpg-key