Re: Linux kernel

Op 13-10-2021 om 16:40 schreef Simon McVittie:
On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 at 15:48:48 +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Normally there are backports of the latest Linux kernel in testing, but not
now.

Are there any problems? Or is it maybe because the kernel in testing is also
useable in stable or something like that?

They have been uploaded by a kernel maintainer, but are waiting for the
backports archive adminstrators to process the upload:
https://ftp-master.debian.org/backports-new.html

I assume this is not a major decision as it is already in testing after all. What happens if a backports archive admin approves it? Can I follow the process somewhere? I assume it will take some time to compile etc.

With regards,
Paul

https://www.vandervlis.nl/