Re: Availability of Kernel 5.15 on Debian 11 Bullseye Backport

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 1:44 PM Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 03:25:01PM -0300, Leandro Cunha wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 6:05 AM phil995511 - <phil995511@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am using Debian 11 Bullseye, I need to use a kernel newer than
> > > 5.10 on my laptop to use my Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig +) because
> > > bluetooth is not working with kernel 5.10.
> > >
> > > I would also like to use a newer kernel on my workstation for better
> > > integration of my AMD 5960x processor / AMD X570 chipset
> > > motherboard.
> > >
> > > I also want to ban the fraudulent modifications that the University
> > > of Minnesota introduced in the Linux kernels of my computers.
> > >
> > > I will be very grateful if you release the 5.15 kernel as soon as it
> > > is finalized on Debian Bullseye Backport.
> >
> > Version 5.15 [1] is still under development and version 5.14.6 [2] is
> > present in unstable
> > and when the migration to testing occurs the rebuild can be sent to
> > the backport.
>
> (5.14.6-2 has reached testing now)
>

> Michael

Yes, normally who uploads backports is Ben or Salvatore from the Kernel Team.
I believe this will happen soon, but it depends on them.
I believe this is important for users with new hardware that has had support
added in the latest versions and not present in the current LTS version.
https://min.news/en/tech/fefdb6d28f298c7e84aef16c360b8e8c.html

I use unstable and have already received the third revision of this
version (-3).
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1262160/accepted-linux-5146-3-source-into-unstable/

--
Cheers,