How to Fix Error "The value 'buster-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources"

Hello,

I'm currently facing a weird issue after performing a dist-upgrade
from buster to bullseye. Apparently, apt is able to fetch
bullseye-backports from the server correctly:

<code>
root:~# apt update -y
Hit:1 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease
Hit:2 https://updates.signal.org/desktop/apt xenial InRelease
Hit:3 https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com stable InRelease
Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports InRelease
Hit:5 https://deb.debian.org/debian stable InRelease
Hit:6 https://deb.debian.org/debian stable-updates InRelease
Hit:7 https://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security
InRelease
Hit:8 http://deb.anydesk.com all InRelease
Hit:9 https://nginx.org/packages/mainline/debian buster InRelease
Get:10 https://zoralab.gitlab.io/bissetii/releases/deb master
InRelease [2,689 B]
Fetched 2,689 B in 1s (1,895 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
All packages are up to date.
</code>

However, when I do a simple package search from backport, it threw the
following error:
<code>
root:~# apt -t buster-backports search linux-image-amd64
E: The value 'buster-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as
such a release is not available in the sources
E: The value 'buster-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as
such a release is not available in the sources
</code>

My /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-releases.list is as follows:
<code>
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main
contrib non-free
deb-src https://deb.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main
contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports main contrib non-free
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports main contrib non-free
</code>

If I switch it back to 'buster-backports'. It is all working fine. I
ran out of clues to debug this problem. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kean Ho

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies. The sender holds zero liability for any damages caused. If the content is digitally and cryptographically signed/encrypted by GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) key, please seek out the public key with the sender email at: https://pgp.mit.edu  .