Re: Does cryptsetup upgrade 2:2.3.4-2~bpo10+1 breaks decryption?

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 11:29:52 +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> So just for the record (and my own curiosity, as I might be affected by
> this): You upgraded cryptsetup to 2:2.3.4-2~bpo10+1, rebooted and were
> able to successfully access the encrypted volume?

Affected systems are those requiring opening (at initramfs stage) a
keyslot that uses the argon2 PBKDF.  As Buster's cryptsetup defaults to
LUKS2 and argon2, this includes systems that were deployed using a
Buster installation media.  Older systems (upgrading from Stretch or
earlier), on the other hand, are not affected — unless the LUKS header
was manually upgraded and a new key slot added.

--
Guilhem.