Re: samba backport from stable/testing to oldstable.

Hi Jaikumar,

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 9:34 AM Jaikumar Sharma
<jaikumar.sharma@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does somebody know that there a plan to backport samba from stable or
> testing to oldstable? As there are vulnerabilities in the samba in
> oldstable.

oldstable (aka stretch) is now EOL'ed and has gone into the hands of
the LTS team.
Well, the good news is that Roberto (CC'ed here) is working on the
samba update to fix those vulnerabilities in stretch and I think it
should be rolled out really soon!

Should you have more questions, don't hesitate to drop an email at
debian-lts@lists.debian.org (which is also CC'ed here).

- u