Re: Nvidia GTX 3000 series card support

Oops, it seems that I may not be 100% correct here:

On 30/10/20 12:53, Jeremy Davis wrote:
Having said that, I suspect that the reason why they are in experimental is that the current v5.9 kernel (as per what is currently default in Sid[4]) is incompatible with Nvidia drivers[5]. So until Nvidia fix their drivers and do a new release, you'd need to use an older kernel. TBH, I'm not really sure what your options will be there?!

[4] https://packages.debian.org/sid/linux-image-amd64
[5] https://linuxreviews.org/The_Closed-Source_NVIDIA_Linux_Driver_Is_Incompatible_With_Linux_5.9_And_Support_Won%27t_Come_Until_Mid-November

To quote Arch Linux news[6]:

While graphics should work fine, CUDA, OpenCL, and likely other features are broken.

[6] https://www.archlinux.org/news/nvidia-45528-is-incompatible-with-linux-59/