Re: godot3 (3.2-stable-2) in Debian backports

On Wed, 2020-10-21 at 15:12 +0200, Benedict Suska wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam
>
> My name is Benedict Suska and I am interested in using the godot3
> (3.2-stable-2) package in debian buster.
> I would like to use the godot engine in a workshop for game
> development with python. If I want to use python in godot,
> I must install the python-script plugin, which is only possible by
> using the latest version.
> For this workshop it is necesery to install this package via the
> debian packagemanager and not to run the executable, which I could
> download from the godot website. But installing godot with buster
> allows me just to use godot3 (3.0.6-2), so I can not use the python
> plugin.
> I would be happy if someone could help me out by backporting the
> godot engine.
>
> Best regards
> Benedict Suska

Hi,

In the first instance I would ask the Debian Games Team [1] and ask if
they are willing to build the backport and maintain it.

To note. The version (3.2-stable-2) you wish backporting builds fine on
buster. If the Debian games Team is not interested in the backport,
please email me and maybe we can join forces to make it happen.

[1] pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

Regards

Phil

--
*** Playing the game for the games own sake. ***

WWW: https://kathenas.org

Twitter: @kathenasorg

IRC: kathenas

GPG: 724AA9B52F024C8B