Re: Removing cloud-init 20.2-2~bpo10+1 from buster-bpo

On 8/2/20 1:15 PM, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 12:49:43PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> The last point release of Buster was released with cloud-init
>> 20.2-2~deb10u1. So it doesn't make sense to keep 20.2-2~bpo10+1 in
>> official backports anymore.
>
> Does it's existence break anything?

Not really, though does anyone plan on maintaining this version in BPO?
This feels redundant with what we have in Stable.

> It makes sense to keep it, because
> updating packages to test newer releases is easier then uploading new
> ones.

Do you mean we will probably upload a newer version of cloud-init to
buster-backports? If so, ok, it *will* make sense, to currently it
doesn't. Though maybe you want to avoid going through NEW?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)