Re: Option to allow packages from backports but without forcing it

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 13:57, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
I think rebuilding ruby-json with ruby 2.7 might fix it.

But now we need to update our build scripts to build with ruby 2.7.

https://git.fosscommunity.in/praveen/debian-scripts/-/blob/master/sbuild-fto was how we used to build earlier. With apt priority 500, it used to pick up ruby 2.7, but now with a lower apt priority it picks up ruby 2.5 from buster. I need to figure out the best way to force ruby 2.7. I think forcing it via gem2deb may be the best option.