Re: Fwd: Request to backport igtf-policy-bundle

Note correction:

Nicholas D Steeves <nsteeves@gmail.com> writes:

> I took a look at Arch's package which appears to support AptX via
> libldac ( https://github.com/EHfive/ldacBT ), and Apache 2.0 licensed
> library.  Is there any reason our pulseaudio-module-bluetooth can't
> enable this functionality?

Ah, it seems I was out of date and confusing technologies.  See

  https://www.androidauthority.com/sony-ldac-codec-790690/
  https://www.soundguys.com/ldac-ultimate-bluetooth-guide-20026/

tldr; AptX is a Qualcomm technology, and ldac is a Sony technology
upstreamed to AOSP (Android Open Source Project).  IIRC AptX is non-DFSG
free and/or has patents blocking it, but we can add ldac support to our
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth package.

As far as I can tell DSEE HX is Sony magic sauce for resampling to a
higher bitrate