Re: apt can't get some cockpit packages from buster-backports (repo sync issue?)

On 14 Apr 2020, at 15:52, Jessica Clarke <jrtc27@debian.org> wrote:
> On 14 Apr 2020, at 15:20, Bruno Gravato <bgravato@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Almost 3 weeks have passed since build and the repository is still not updated... I guess this is not normal...
>>
>> In the meanwhile, as a workaround, I successfully built (on my machine) all cockpit packages (215-bpo version which apt source downloaded from the mirrors without problems).
>
> Correct, something went wrong and the upload got rejected. As it's a
> new month the rejection reason has been lost (except perhaps to people
> with shell access on ftp-master). I have given it back to be rebuilt.

I found the reject reason:

Your upload included the binary package cockpit-docker, version
215-1~bpo10+1, for all, however unstable already has version 214-1.

cockpit-docker 214-1 is cruft in unstable and only built in stable. dak
is confused and does not auto-remove the cruft because it's still
mentioned in the control file and disabled in debian/rules at build
time.

Jess