Re: roundcube in backports

[Roundcube maintainer here]

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 11:53:22 +0200, Dominik George:
> On March 30th, I had asked the roundcube maintainers about their
> opinion on it, but so far they have been unresponsive.

You did?  https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-roundcube-maintainers/ is
empty for March, and no message from you in April either.  The first
time I heard about a non team-maintained backport being
prepared/uploaded was today after your REJECTED upload attempt.  Sigh.

Quoting what I sent earlier today on the list (and also to you, even
though you appear not to have received it, or just ignored it, and went
on with a second upload…):

| Would have appreciated some discussion with us maintainers before
| unilaterally(?) uploading bpo10.  Uploading (and committing to maintain)
| a team-maintained backport has been discussed last February on
| pkg-roundcube-maintainers; we thought we'd get there but IIRC there was
| one package to upload to bpo10 and a few more things to check first.  I
| personally haven't given up on that.
|
| Even when backport and unstable maintainers differ, good communication
| is desired because the status of the package in testing affects
| maintainability in backports.  AFAICT I did all the work on 1.4.x so I
| guess I'm in a good position to assess that ^^

We had difficulties in the past with keeping Roundcube up to shape for
backports.  Upstream more stable now so as I wrote in February I'm
willing to give it another shot, but backports is about committing to
follow the state of what we package maintainers upload to sid once it
transitions to testing, not about uploading a single version.

Either I'm unable to find the March 30 message where you're asking for
our opinion, and I find it rather rude to act, even 10 days later,
without a ping.

--
Guilhem.

PS. Please CC me in replies