Re: Tor 0.4.2.5

On Lu, 06 ian 20, 20:51:04, Mario Costa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looks like a fix has been provided upstream. I’m not familiar with the
> specific Debian policy, will the patch be backported to the current
> version or do we need to wait for the next stable release in order to
> have the package in buster-backports?

Patches fixing security bugs and important bugs are acceptable for
stable (currently "buster").

Packages in buster-backports are versions from the testing release (the
branch where the next release "bullseye" is prepared) recompiled to work
on stable.

If the patches are not acceptable for a stable update than the package
must be updated in testing first and then backported.

Hope this explains,
Andrei