Re: zfsutils-linux 0.7.12-2+deb10u1~bpo9+1 is uninstallable

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 03:12:52PM +0800, Aron Xu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 3:03 PM Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > That version of zfsutils-linux adds a Conflicts against insserv (<<
> > 1.18). The only version of insserv available in oldstable and
> > oldstable-backports, however, is 1.14.0-5.4+b1
> >
> > As a result, apt wants to "upgrade" to zfs-fuse...
> >
> > Can this be fixed, please?
> >

> The conflicts against insserv was added for Bug #915831. Possible way
> to lift this restriction is removing the LSB init.d scripts from
> stretch-backport version as previously done, since we never supported
> that on stretch versions.
>
> LSB init.d scripts is supported only starting from Buster, so that if
> you are running systemd as your PID 1 then removing insserv will be a
> working solution (even if this could seemed like scary).

Thanks, that worked (even if my first attempt tried to remove
systemd-sysv, which caused the Essential protection to be triggered --
hint: "apt remove insserv systemd-sysv+" works).

Regardless of that, if systemd is the only supported way to use ZFS in
stretch, would it be too much of a stretch (pun intended ;-P ) to make
that explicit?

Depends: systemd-sysv

should suffice.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22