Re: backports EOL (Re: certbot, ACME TLS-SNI-01 and jessie backports)

Hi

On 1/30/19 9:47 AM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>>  Well, it is, however, unfortunately not all users are aware of it.
>>  I'm not sure but how about shows it with motd or so?
> We (backports) don't have any option to do so and people not reading
> announcements will probably also not read motd's.

As a user, I concur with Alex here, the only bit I would like to ask for
is that this information is replacing the squeeze backports "news" on
https://backports.debian.org/ under "Deprecation of LTS support for
backports" and possibly make it clearer for users what this means in
practice.

Also, this page https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/ should
probably be updated to reflect this - or at least get a warning next to
instructions for jessie-backports.

Cheers

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
Callinstraße 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany