Re: evolution-ews

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 12:57:19 +0200, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> evolution-ews has been removed from buster due to a vulerabilitly
> shortly before release. I see that a fixed version is available in
> testing[1] .  Could it be rebuilt for buster and uploaded?

Someone with access to a Microsoft Exchange server (perhaps you?) would
have to test and maintain this backport.

As you can see from events around the buster release, the Debian GNOME
team is having trouble keeping up with this package - the rest of GNOME
takes up as much time as we have, and most of us probably don't have
access to an Exchange server.

> Without evolution-ews, Evolution has no MS Exchange connectivity, which
> is what Evolution is supposedly about.

Evolution is not "about" MS Exchange connectivity: it's designed to
work with standard protocols like IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV. If Exchange
connectivity was vitally important then it wouldn't be a separate,
optional package.

    smcv