Re: KiCAD 5.0.2 stretch backport apparently missing executable package

Hello Stephen,

Am 21.06.19 um 15:55 schrieb Stephen R Phillips:
> Greetings!
> Regarding KiCAD and stretch backport
> The executable package for 5.0.2 appears to be missing.

can you be more specific on this?
What executable binary you are missing exactly?

The rebuild for stretch-backport is the technically the same build as
for unstable except the build environment, no packages are removed nor
any related changes did happen that would effect a dropping of a binary.

> Also apparently missing is any package that is also in 4.0.5  so the
> language files for Indonesian and Chinese are available, but no other.
> so missing are
> kicad
> kicad-common

You are talking about binary packages here or what do you mean?
kicad-common is a virtual and transitional package since version 5.0.0.
There are some further notes about KiCad in the Debian wiki.

https://wiki.debian.org/KiCad

> all language packages (except Indonesian and Chinese)

Sorry, I can't follow you here, l10n support for KiCad is given by the
following MO files for the most recent version in stretch-backports.

> /usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo
> /usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/kicad.mo

https://packages.debian.org/stretch-backports/amd64/kicad/filelist

The documentation for KiCad is done by dedicated binary packages. Look
for kicad-doc-*

https://packages.debian.org/stretch-backports/kicad

What languages you are missing in which relation?

> I solved "MY" problem by building KiCAD however for others it might be
> nice to have it in?

Have you generated a debdiff between your packages and the packages in
the archive so we can see what you have changed? Or at least a diff off
your working tree against the branch debian/stretch from the packaging
tree on Salsa?

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert