Re: Jessie backports gone?

Just chiming in from the peanut gallery: over on debian-user I've seen
discussions involving Wheezy and Jessie to the effect that:

   * (Wheezy and) Jessie have been removed from the mirrors, and, iiuc, Jessie
is not in LTS (Long Term Support, iiuc) -- not directly relevant to the
problem, but

   * Because Jessie is in LTS, jessie-backports is no longer relevant -- not
sure I understand completely, but, iiuc, all the stuff that was in jessie-
backports has been rolled into jessie LTS (which is now, as far as I know
(with the mirrors gone) only available on the debian.org (not .net) archive.

(I might have .org and .net confused, I know both exist, one seems to be for
current releases, the other seems to be for the archive.)