Re: announcing backport script designed to reduce potential human errors

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 05:33:06PM -0400, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
> I'm not sure if a something like this is worth including in
> devscripts, but I found that it wasn't fun to worry about all the
> potential mistakes one could make when building formal backports, so
> I've been using a script to prevent errors such as:

There was a previous request for something like this in #660208.  At
the time, I suggested trying to merge the functionality of the proposed
script with one that Russ Allbery used.

It's been a long time since I looked at either of them, so I forget much
of the details.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/91BF BF4D 6956 BD5D F7B7  2D23 DFE6 91AE 331B A3DB