Re: Pbuilder problem

On 07/09/18 11:37, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Op 06-09-18 om 21:52 schreef Rodrigo Campos:
>> On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 09:40:37PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I use pbuilder for backporting packages. My problem is that a package
>>> does not build, when there are build-dependencies from backports.
>>> What can I do to make this work?
>>>
>>> Some more info:
>>>
>>> For example the package dh-linktree does not build, because debhelper >=
>>> 11 is needed, what's in backports. How do you backport such a package
>>> with pbuilder?
>> You can modify the sources.list that the chroot uses, and just add the backports
>> repo
> What is the correct way to modify the chroot?  I have tried things like:
>
> mkdir /tmp/test; cd /tmp/test/
> tar zxpf /var/cache/pbuilder/stable-amd64-base.tgz
> nano etc/apt/sources.list
> tar cfz ../stable-amd64-base.tgz .
>
> Is this a good way?
The best way to modify the chroot is to:

pbuilder login --save-after-login [--basetgz /path/to/tarball]

> It does not work, I get now:
> ----
> I: Extracting source
> /sbin/start-stop-daemon: unable to start /bin/sh (Permission denied)
> E: pbuilder: Failed extracting the source
> ----
> Not sure what this is.
At a guess, permissions and/or ownership have changed over the course of
your unpacking and repacking the tar.

> What I saw, is that stable-amd64-base.tgz has in sources.list lines with
> "stable", but for backports it has "jessie-backports"!  I have changed that.
>
> When I run:
> sudo pbuilder --create --distribution stretch
> It's creating a testing-amd64-base.tgz
> When I try to login with:
> pbuilder --login --distribution stable
> I see it's using testing-amd64-base.tgz
I'm not sure about this; personally I use --basetgz explicitly rather
than --distribution after the initial create, so I can't really speak as
to what should happen. If you have a BASETGZ in a relevant pbuilderrc
then that may be responsible for overriding it.

> Very confusing. Is there something wrong on my system, is this a bug, or
> is this normal?
>
> With regards,
> Paul
Dominic