Re: Need sponsor for s3ql upload to stretch-backports

Yes.  You should have used debian-python@ldo.

> Could someone sponsor the initial upload of S3QL to stretch-backports? I
> am DM with upload rights for this package, but the package hasn't been
> in this suite before.

I can, but before doing so I'd like you to confirm you are in the
backports ACL and you know of the backports rules as written in the bpo
website.

> s3ql in jessie-backports was well received, and the s3ql package in
> stretch has a security bug that will not be fixed in stable for
> backwards compatibility reasons. Providing a backport would be nice
> for those who are able to upgrade.

Case in point: s3ql in jessie-backpors is not up to date with the
stretch version, that's why I'm asking the above...

> Package is at https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/applications/s3ql/,
> branch "stretch-backports". I myself would upload with:
>
> $ git clone git@salsa.debian.org:python-team/applications/s3ql.git
> $ cd s3ql
> $ git checkout stretch-backports
> $ dgit --dpm --clean=git build-source
> $ dgit --dpm --clean=git push --new

unrealted, but PAPT never ever used git-dpm (and now also both papt and
dpmt use gbp).
And you mention dgit because you use it?  Anyway this would be my first
time using dgit for an upload not targetting unstable, should anything
special be done for it?  (I will happily use dgit :) ).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :