Re: gitlab for stretch-backports - call for testing

On Tuesday 05 June 2018 12:19 PM, Dominik George wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I was able to install it on a new machine and test basic functionality.
>
> Did anything except the suite change?  Because upgrade from the stretch
> version is exactly what failed here, and testing if that wasn't fixed seems
> unnecessary ;).

Dominik,

I was able to update from gitlab 8 in stretch to gitlab 10 in my repo
(https://people.debian.org/~praveen/gitlab/) without any issues.

All,

You can see it running at https://gitlab10.fosscommunity.in/ (it was
working fine with a clean install before).

Blockers for getting it to official repo is
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/gitlab/wikis/stretch-backports (3
transitions and 4 rc bugs). Any help welcome.

Especially, this ruby-encryptor bug ->
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=880276 has been there
for a long time and upstream is not responding.

Thanks
Praveen