Re: Using backported debhelper considered tricky

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018, Niels Thykier wrote:

> An overview of the debhelper Breaks situation for stable-backports:

Thanks, that certainly is useful.

It pertains to the Breaks of debhelper as-it-is-now.
This list may change over the lifetime of backports,
though.

I was not advocating against using backported debhelper
in general, just indicating one should not do so mindlessly.
(I’m impressed with your response, though.)

> So it seems to me that the only problem is qt5-qmake for
> stable-backports?  From my PoV, you are welcome to do a new ~bpo upload
> of debhelper/11.3.2 backport that removes that breaks as it is certainly
> not applicable for ~bpo.

OK, thanks, I won’t do so though as I don’t need it (now);
someone else might, or perhaps with the next upload.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
15:41⎜<Lo-lan-do:#fusionforge> Somebody write a testsuite for helloworld :-)