Re: Request: anki Missing from Stable Stretch.

On Thu, 10 May 2018 07:44:26 +0100
Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> (CC me.)
>
> Hi,
>
> I was about to recommend package anki to a young student that's
> learning computing, but then realised the it's missing from Debian
> stable due to the Qt4 → Qt5 switch.  It's in old-stable and unstable.
> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/anki
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/education/anki
>
> I'd guess this makes it a contender for backports

No - it needs to be in testing to be a contender for stretch-backports.

So that means fixing the three RC bugs in unstable first.

Updating anki introduces new bugs: #855942, #856110, #895411

>, especially since it
> isn't just old on stable, but missing;  that must cause problems for
> oldstable users that upgrade.
>
> Apologies if this list is the wrong place to raise this;

It's the right place but the package is not currently suitable.

--

Neil Williams
home@codehelp.co.uk