Re: Frustration over Debian naming

rhkramer:

Intentionally cross posted. Aside: For those on the debian-user lists, the thread came from the debian-backports list, but my frustration should probably be expressed more to the debian-user list (or debian-developer list, assuming there is such a list (to which I am not subscribed). [...]

But the various names and use of those names gets very frustrating for me, and I suspect I am not the only one. The numbered versions, the Toy Story names, and then the testing, stable, old stable, old old stable is just frustrating.

Tangentially to that, it seems that someone needs to pick up the dropped baton and update the pictures.

* http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/images/thumb/a/aa/Timelinededebian.png/800px-Timelinededebian.png

* http://blog.admin-linux.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/infographic_debian_history-en-v081.png

* http://doc.callmematthi.eu/pictures/Understanding_Debian.png

* https://i.stack.imgur.com/nLXu9.jpg