rabbitmq-server 3.6.10-1~bpo9+1: missing dependency on socat?

Dear backports team,

I am running rabbitmq-server 3.6.10-1~bpo9+1 and lately I have run into
a problem where while trying to restart a node (as part of a cluster)
after rebooting it. I noticed that the (idle) machine was waiting
indefinitely for Mnesia tables to become available, not rejoining the
cluster:

  % sudo tail /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit*log
  [...]
  =WARNING REPORT==== 30-Nov-2018::15:18:52 ===
  Error while waiting for Mnesia tables: {timeout_waiting_for_tables,
                                   [rabbit_user,rabbit_user_permission,
                                    rabbit_vhost,rabbit_durable_route,
                                    rabbit_durable_exchange,
                                    rabbit_runtime_parameters,
                                    rabbit_durable_queue]}

  =INFO REPORT==== 30-Nov-2018::15:18:52 ===
  Waiting for Mnesia tables for 600000 ms, 12 retries left
  [..]

However, this struck me as interesting:

  % sudo tail /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_err
  systemd unit for activation check: "rabbitmq-server.service"
  Failed to start socat error:enoent
  systemd READY notification failed, beware of timeouts

After manually installing socat and restarting the service, the node
became available in the cluster almost immediately.

I'm wondering whether the rabbitmq-server version in backports is
missing a dependency on socat? I'm asking because the current version in
testing (3.7.8) indeed does have a dependency on socat...

Cheers
Sascha