Re: stretch-backport for cups-pdf 3.0.1-5

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 11:39:24PM +0000, Rich Mack wrote:
> What have I taken care of?  All I have done is put in a request for the
> stretch-backport.

Sure. Even so, when a bug exists in stable, the right thing to do is to
fix the package, not upload a backport.

Rule of thumb: *-backports is for new features, not for bug fixes. Bug
fixes are for *-proposed-updates (and the "regular" suite after a
suitable migration period).

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab