Re: appimage, snap, flatpak, backport, when to use which?

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, Marco Moller wrote:

> I try to understand how and in which situation the established users
> opt for the usage of backports

In every situation in which they require newer packages but
cannot run Debian unstable or testing.

This mailing list is *about* Debian backports. Please do not
try to use it for a discussion about other techniques. People
use Debian mechanisms because they come with the benefit of
(mostly) trusted distro maintainers integrating upstream pak‐
kages into Debian, as opposed to (usually upstream-provided)
application containers, which lack the deeper integration
with the rest of the distribution (I hope this answers part
of your question, and this is all I’m willing to discuss on
this list, i.e. this is an end-of-thread from me).

bye,
//mirabilos (current hat: Debian Developer)
--
>> Why don't you use JavaScript? I also don't like enabling JavaScript in
> Because I use lynx as browser.
+1
	-- Octavio Alvarez, me and ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ (Mario Lang) on debian-devel