Backporting zlib 1.2.11 to Stretch

Hi,

I stumbled upon some software (spoa [1]) which obviously does not build
with zlib 1.2.8 (just tried building in stretch - works with a
backported zlib from testing).  While spoa is not yet accepted I'd like
to backport it to stretch once its processed in new and it would make my
life easier if a zlib backport would exist even now.

However, before I upload the backport I'd like to ask for comments for
this widely used library whether there might be some chances to break
something and whether there might be potential issues I could have
overlooked.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1]  https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/spoa