Re: Thunar 1.6.15

I'm sorry to bother you guys. Here is an answer from the XFCE maintainers list.
It seems this is not a request for backport.

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, May 23 2018, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 10:16:40AM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
>>> Just to expand a little, in a way that might be easire to remember:
>>> backports is for *new features*, proposed-updates is for *bug fixes*.
>>
>> well, while this is true it's also true that often bugs are only fixed
>> in new versions, thus often users want new versions not because of the
>> features but because of the bugfixes.

Yep, I agree. I'm suffering a lot to find a linux distro that just
works to install and forget about it for a while (preferable for 3 to
5 years) and just do my work. I lost the last week trying almost all
debian based distros out there released on 2017/2018 and I still
doesn't found my way. Every single time something is missing. Gnome is
the DE which is better handling the new technologies (wayland,
libinput, modesetting drivers, opengl, etc), but it took a big fail UX
design and it just doesn't feels right. Ubuntu 18.04 is buggy, Debian
Stable with Gnome 3.22 is weird. KDE 5.8/5.12 feels buggy, also I just
don't understand KDE, its "too much" and things doesn't seems to
integrate well. The latest release of XFCE is getting weird with GTK3
and gnome apps being, weel, for gnome only. Also XFCE doesn't seems to
care about UX, there are 4 panel plugin to do the same thing:
notification area and indicator. It can't even handle sound/media keys
right or libinput touchpad. All these Thunar bugs prior to 1.6.15,
etc. After 10 years uninterruptedly on linux I'm seriously thinking
about to migrate to Windows 10, I just can't loose these lifetime
trying to fix things anymore =/. This is a little offtopic, but linux
is getting harder and harder for a desktop user.