Re: BEWARE - nginx 1.10.3-1+deb9u1~bpo8+1 is BROKEN

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 07:41:13PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> >   * Build against openssl 1.0.2 enabling ALPN support for http/2.
> > it looks like it wasn't built on jessie, and ended up with an
> > unsatisfiable dependency on libssl1.1.
> This reminds us all that you should not upload anything you didn't tested on
> the target distribution.

not me.

It rather reminds me that we should not accept *any* binary uploads from
*any* person (*) and that we should have more automated tests, eg parsing .buildinfo
files to check that they only refer packages they are allowed to refer to.

Relying on manual tests by people is sooo last century.

And yeah, obviously manual tests are good too, but relying on people to do
manual work while it can be automated…

--
cheers,
	Holger

(*) except for specific packages by specific porters when bootstrapping a new
    architecture or some such.