Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Wed, 24 May 2017, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
> > I’m not calling for creating such a new repository at this point
> > in time (and it’d likely take too long), I just had an idea how
> > to come out of this misery given both the backports ftpmasters’
> > position (conservative but not without reason) and the apparent
> > need for a different solution for a select few packages.
>
>  Thanks a lot for your insight and your time writing this up.  This
> sounds like the perfect solution somehow.  I'm in love with that
> suggestion.  Thanks for sharing your point of view.

I have nothing against using another repository provided that DSA would
also accept to use this other repository. But at this point, this is
all wishful thinking as this repository does not exist.

In the mean time, I would love if the backports team could let some
latitude to package maintainers in how to make the best use of
stable-backports. I'm not asking you to let us bypass all the rules, you
already know what I'm asking for (see other thread and my other replies).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer